Creating a Category
Select a catalog in the Catalogs tree where you need to add a category to. Use mouse to right-click it and select "Create Category" option from the context menu:
A "Create Category" wizard is displayed. On the first step fill in the fields as follows (fields marked by asterisk are required):
- Category nameВ - the title of this category;
- Category typeВ - the attributes associated with the category; (If this selector is empty, a category cannot be created at the moment. You should cancel this wizard, open current Catalog and create a new Property Set targeting Category.)
- Enable dateВ - the date when the category becomes visible. (This option can be applied for seasonal categories, for instance).
- Disable dateВ - the date when the category becomes unavailable (no longer appears in the store).
- Store visibleВ - use this checkbox to make the category visible (available for customers) in the storefront. This option may be used when you need to hide/show a category with no relation to enable/disable dates.
On the second step define property values. All properties marked required must have values in order for the category to be created. Created category will appear in the catalog tree.