Getting started - Virto Commerce 1.13 User Guide
Logging on to the Commerce Manager
- Start the Commerce Manager.
- Enter your user name, password, and the URL of the Commerce Manager Server. (Ask your store administrator for this information if you do not have it.)
- Click Login.
Permissions determine which activities and functionality the user can access and what data blocks will be visible on the dashboard.
Please see the list of permissions in Available Permissions.
When a user logged on to the Virto Commerce client the first thing he can view is Dashboard.
The dashboard reflects the state of key commerce blocks, such as orders, customers’ cases, sales dynamics and other brief information you can view depending on your access rights. You can read more about dashboard blocks in Dashboard.
Above the dashboard (just click the white arrow) the general menu is located with the access to all of the Virto Commerce modules (Customer Service, Orders, Catalogs, Price Lists, Marketing, Fulfillment, Users and Settings. The navigation to required module is done with a click on it.
You can also move to a certain commerce module using dashboard buttons. Just click required block. For example, click “Active Promotions” to open Marketing block and etc.
User Access and Roles
In Virto Commerce, the users are the ones who use the Commerce Manager client and other back-end services, such as web services. These are internal users within your organization and should not be confused with storefront customers. User accounts can be managed with the help of the Virto Commerce Manager client.
Each Commerce Manager client user has certain access permissions which are defined by their user role. These permissions allow or restrict the users' access to Commerce Manager client modules and define which activities are allowed for them, such as viewing a customer's order or adding a new product to a catalog. These permissions help to ensure, for instance, that the Merchandise Management activity is not available to users who do not have Merchandise Management related functions.
There are several user roles provided by default with each Virto Commerce installation. You can read about them in Built-in Roles.
Common Tasks and Modules
The Virto Commerce Manager client application is subdivided into eight modules.
Allows CSRs to manage customers' requests.
Enables authorized personnel to manage orders placed in the storefront by customers.
Allows authorized users to create and manage categories and products.
Helps authorized personnel to manage price lists and assign them according to conditions.
Intended for marketing personnel to manage ads, promotions, discounts and other marketing tools.
Enables authorized users to manage and control receiving, processing and delivering orders to end customers.
Allows managing user accounts, roles, permissions and access to functional blocks and activities of Virto Commerce.
Allows administrators and other authorized personnel to configure the system and store settings. These items include payment gateways, shipping regions, tax-related settings, and profile attributes.
- Platform settings changed
- Lesson 3 - How to create Virto commerce module (API) changed
- As an admin, I want to set a recommended price for products in the price list so that customer see it in storefront changed
- Technical Case Studies changed
- Widgets changed
- Metaform changed
- Enabling authentication with Azure Active Directory changed
- Deploy using Docker changed
- Deploy Platform from source code changed
- Deploy Storefront from precompiled binaries changed
- Deploy Storefront from source code changed
- Extending using events changed
- Lesson 1 - How to deploy and configure Virto Commerce changed
- Lesson 2 - How to import new products into Virto Commerce catalog changed
- Virto Commerce Lessons changed