This document describes how to setup the environment, build and update an API C# client for Virto Commerce platform module.
Preparing building environment and AutoRest
The next steps are required only if you're building the API client for the first time.
- Open the C# project where the API client is needed using Visual Studio.
- Install AutoRest package using nuget. Note: AutoRest ver. 0.17.0 or higher is required, as some critical fixes were applied only on August 18th, 2016. Get a nightly build as described in autorest README, if ver. 0.17.0 would be still unreleased on nuget.
- Restart Visual Studio. (This enables AutoRest environment to be loaded correctly).
As a result you will have the environment ready to build the API client.
Generating API client
- Get the latest API source code (module).
- Rebuild the module in order to update API.
- Open the project where the API client is needed.
- Open Package Manager Console (Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Package Manager Console). Generate required API clients using AutoRest.exe tool. Example of command generating VirtoCommerce Catalog module API client in Storefront SDK:
AutoRest.exe -Input http://localhost/admin/docs/VirtoCommerce.Catalog/v1 -OutputFileName CatalogModuleApi.cs -Namespace VirtoCommerce.Storefront.AutoRestClients.CatalogModuleApi -ClientName CatalogModuleApiClient -OutputDirectory VirtoCommerce.Storefront\AutoRestClients -AddCredentials true -UseDateTimeOffset false
- Include the generated *.cs file to the project (Ensure that “Show All Files” option is activated to be able to locate the file):
- Build the solution.
Updating API client
API client update involves the same steps as listed in the previous chapter, just without the need to include the generated files to project.