Reporting - Virto Commerce 2 Developer Guide
Introduction to reporting
The amount of data accumulated for analysis is increasing day by day. Before now, companies have used internal data sources for the analysis and decision-making. Usually SQL database server was used as a single default data source. Today, a common enterprise company having multiple subsystems can have different data sources like Microsoft Sql Server, Oracle Sql Server, SAP, structured files (XML, XLS, CSV etc.) and many more to store and exchange data. A great volume of analytical data is placed in external & cloud based sources such as Google Analytics, Google BigQuery, ZenDesk, Salesforce Objects etc.
Company analysts face a difficult task to aggregate data from different sources and use it for analytical reports. Recently, these duties were performed by IT department, because analysts and report consumers are not skilled enough to retrieve the data and build the report.
Having the Business Intelligent platforms, IT mediation has become optional. BI platforms offers a large number of connectors to connect with different data sources. A user can connect to a data source within a minutes and start using visual tools to retrieve and analyze data, even without special IT qualification. There are many BI platforms on the market already. Considering the needs of such a solutions for business the number of BI solutions will grow.
That is why in VirtoCommerce we decided to let the BI systems analyze data, compose charts and build reports based on the rules and requirements of the end-user.
In the documents of the chapter you'll find an overview of the two leading BI systems (according to The Gartner Magic Quadrant). The goal of the documents is not to build a complete analysis of Virto Commerce data. The goal is to demonstrate how easy it is to create charts, reports and analyze accumulated data using BI platform and VirtoCommerce accumulated data.
- Platform settings changed
- Lesson 3 - How to create Virto commerce module (API) changed
- As an admin, I want to set a recommended price for products in the price list so that customer see it in storefront changed
- Technical Case Studies changed
- Widgets changed
- Metaform changed
- Enabling authentication with Azure Active Directory changed
- Deploy using Docker changed
- Deploy Platform from source code changed
- Deploy Storefront from precompiled binaries changed
- Deploy Storefront from source code changed
- Extending using events changed
- Lesson 1 - How to deploy and configure Virto Commerce changed
- Lesson 2 - How to import new products into Virto Commerce catalog changed
- Virto Commerce Lessons changed