Creating, Editing, Deleting a Variation
The product variations are a way of giving your customers variations of options to choose from for your products. Each product can have multiple variations.
A variation could be size, quantity, color, shape, pattern, weight, etc. Any type of variation that you could possibly thing of. They are different options for your product. Each variation has variation options.
Creating a Variation
Navigate to a category where you would like to add a variation. Use "Add" button.
Then select "Variation" item type and click "OK".
On the step 1 define values for the following fields:
- Item NameВ - a descriptive name of product variation;
- Item TypeВ - select a type from the dropdown list;
- Enable Date/TimeВ - date and time when the product variation will become available in the store. Useful for seasonal products.
- Disable Date/TimeВ - date and time when the product variation will become unavailable in the store. Useful for seasonal products.
- Can be purchasedВ - select this check box to allow this product variation to be purchased;
- Store visibleВ - select this check box to let this product variation appear in the store;
- Min. QuantityВ - minimum quantity of product variation that must be ordered by a customer;
- Max. QuantityВ - maximum quantity of product variation that must be ordered by a customer;
- Tax CategoryВ - select tax category that will be applied for this product variation;
- PackagingВ - select an option of packaging for this product variation;
- AvailabilityВ - select an option when this product variation will be available in the store;
- WeightВ - enter displayed weight for the product variation;
- Track inventoryВ - select this check box in case you need to control this product variation inventory.
Click "Next" to move to the following step.
On the step 2 fill editorial review information for new product variation. Click "Next".
On the step 3 enter property values. Then click "Next".
On the step 4 define pricing information. Click "Finish" to save new variation in the system.
Editing a Variation
To edit a variation, double click on it and make all the modification you need. DOn't forget to click "Save" when all is done.
Deleting a Variation
To delete a variation, click on a item to be deleted and use "Remove" button.
In case you need to delete multiple items, use Ctrl to select them.