What are the key business objectives of a B2B e-commerce solution?
B2B e-commerce greatly changes interactions between companies. When implemented in correctly, it leads to multiple positive effects for both a customer and a seller. This is the reason behind the rapid growth of B2B e-commerce's overall share of the e-commerce transaction market.
Better customer experience
- Self-services for business users
- Comfortable multi-channel online services
- Facilitates internal customer’s processes
Delivery of a user-friendly e-commerce experience allows B2B customers to save time on actions that are traditionally quite time-consuming: creating an order, browsing product details, configuring delivery options, and tracking order statuses online for example.
Well designed multi-channel B2B e-commerce platforms enable customers to interact with the supplier by using procurement portals, messengers or APIs. API based e-commerce platforms make it possible to allow to enable almost any user, whether it be an employee, business application or smart device.
By using a B2B enterprise e-commerce platform a supplier provides additional services thatfacilitate his customer’s internal processes. Order approval workflow, smart budget control, recurrent orders, demand analysis and planning and other similar services give additional value to the customer, in turn,increases customer loyalty.
Increase revenue thanks to a better connection with the customer’s business
- Upsell products by using algorithms: smart recommendations, built-in notifications, promotions, and more
- Catch more opportunities by being integrated into the customer’s supply chain management process: make orders simpler, faster and automatically via marketplace like systems
- Get better customer insight: loyalty, quotes analysis, behavior analysis, sales forecasting and more
Save costs for you and your client using B2B e-commerce solutions
- Streamline and automate processes due to integration with a customer purchasing flow
- Reduce personnel costs due to providing a self-service portal
- Reduce inventory costs and integrate your own suppliers into the value creation chain