B2B eCommerce Platform for Manufacturers
Get a reliable, feature-rich B2B ecommerce solution to open new opportunities for your manufacturing business. Virto Commerce offers scalable, highly customizable ecommerce solutions for manufacturers that fit B2B business models perfectly.Book a Meeting
Outstanding eCommerce Solutions Designed for Manufacturers:
A robust digital catalog is at the heart of any comprehensive ecommerce solution. Whether you plan to run a B2B portal, offer a loyalty portal for your customers, or build a B2B manufacturing marketplace, a digital catalog is your inevitable first step.
Implementing a cloud-native B2B portal for manufacturers is a strategic, productive way to deliver a unique customer experience for B2B clients. You can grow your own profitable ecommerce solution on top of Virto’s B2B ecommerce platform.
D2C Loyalty Portal
A direct-to-consumer (D2C) loyalty portal for manufacturers makes it possible to communicate and influence your B2B clientele directly, build relationships, and know your customers better.
B2B ecommerce for manufacturing
The Most Flexible Digital Catalog
Take the first and most important integration step for your B2B ecommerce manufacturing business. Build a strong foundation with the flexible digital catalog developed by Virto Commerce experts.
The Virto Commerce platform includes everything a manufacturing company needs to run a successful, scalable enterprise digital catalog:
- Easily add and manage product information on your website. Business clients can find full product information on your website. You don’t need developer engagement to publish your catalogs accurately and timely.
- Use advanced search and product filters by properties. With the Virto Commerce digital catalog, you offer your customers a comfortable way to search for products based on a variety of AI and non-AI search engines.
- Invite distributors and retail companies. Virto Commerce allows your distributors and retailers to directly connect to your digital catalog via API, so they always have up-to-date information about your products.
Start delivering a unique user experience within 3 months and continue to improve your digital B2B business without any restrictions:
- Offer your distributors and B2B clientele the best user experience with the Virto Commerce B2B portal. Use flexible and customizable B2B scenarios and resolve any complexity.
- Join Fortune 500 manufacturers worldwide using B2B portals powered by the Virto Commerce platform. Adopt the expertise of leading manufacturers within your company with help from the Virto team.
- Build your digital strategy with absolute flexibility and unlimited adaptability. A cloud-based B2B portal, Virto Commerce solves critical B2B tasks and integrates with apps, marketing tools, and AI services.
B2B ecommerce for manufacturing
Cloud-Native B2B Portal
Get a fully customizable B2B portal that’s a perfect match for any manufacturing project.
B2B ecommerce for manufacturing
D2C Loyalty Portal
Deliver a unique customer experience with a scalable D2C ecommerce solution developed by Virto Commerce.
Begin D2C ecommerce sales to your end consumers within 3 months:
- Connect your product digital catalog to your end consumers with the Virto Commerce D2C loyalty portal. This makes it possible to communicate and influence your consumers directly, build relationships, and know your customers’ preferences.
- Apply the expertise of the Virto Commerce team's ecommerce solutions to your platform. Use best practices and proven methods of working with your end customers to achieve your sales goals.
- Get an edge over competing manufacturers with a cloud-based D2C portal. Virto Commerce provides total out-of-the-box flexibility and the freedom to integrate with your corporate back-end applications.
See how Virto B2B eCommerce Platform works for Manufacturing Companies
Chief Engagement Officer
eCommerce Solution for Manufacturing FAQ
What is B2B ecommerce for manufacturing?
What buyer types are in the ecommerce manufacturing industry?
Some common buyer types in the manufacturing industry include:
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs): These buyers typically purchase products that will be used in the production of other goods. They're often looking for high-quality items at competitive prices.
- Resellers: These buyers purchase products from manufacturers and then resell them to end customers. They're looking for products in high demand that have a good resale margin.
- End customers: These buyers are the ultimate consumers of the products you're selling. They're typically looking for items that meet specific needs and requirements.
How to attract customers to your B2B ecommerce portal?
Some common marketing channels for B2B ecommerce portals include:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO is used to attract buyers who are searching for certain products online. Optimizing your website and content for relevant keywords will improve your visibility on the search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising: PPC advertising is designed to reach buyers looking for items on the web through ad campaigns on Google, Bing, etc. that promote your portal.
- Social media: Social media offers a valuable introduction to buyers who are active on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You can create social media profiles and post content that promotes your portal.
Why is the digital transformation important in manufacturing?
A B2B manufacturing platform is an important system component of manufacturing's digital transformation. It is, in fact, critical to the future success of manufacturers. Manufacturers are under a lot of pressure to be more agile, efficient, and customer-focused in today's market. Digital technologies can assist them in achieving these goals.
How can a manufacturer build an effective ecommerce platform?
If you're thinking about introducing a B2B ecommerce portal for your manufacturing business, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Let’s explore some of the key considerations for launching a successful B2B ecommerce portal for manufacturing.
1. Know your audience.
One of the most important things to consider when launching a B2B ecommerce portal for manufacturing is understanding who your target audience is. There are probably a few different types of buyers — OEM, resellers, and end customers — you’re targeting, so it's important to understand their needs and how they make purchasing decisions.
2. Choose the right platform.
After you've identified your target audience, pick the appropriate B2B ecommerce platform. There are several possibilities, but it's critical to choose the one that’s most suitable for your company.
Behind the ASP.NET-based B2B ecommerce portal from Virto Commerce, there are some other common platforms for consideration.
3. Consider your product digital catalog.
When you're launching a B2B ecommerce portal for manufacturing, it's important to consider what types of products you'll be selling online. You'll need to decide whether you want to sell finished goods, raw materials, or both. If you're planning on selling finished goods, think about how you’ll handle inventory and shipping. If you're selling raw materials, make sure your suppliers are able to meet your demand.
4. Set up your ecommerce logistics to align with offline sales.
One of the most important things to consider when launching a B2B ecommerce portal for manufacturing is your logistics for orders placed online. Decide how you'll handle orders, shipping, and returns.
5. Promote your portal.
Once you've launched your B2B ecommerce manufacturing portal, promote it to attract buyers. There are a number of different marketing channels you can use to reach your target audience.
6. Provide excellent customer service for online buyers.
Once you've attracted buyers to your B2B ecommerce portal, it's important to provide excellent customer service. Make sure orders are fulfilled promptly and customers are satisfied with their purchases.
You can provide superior customer service by offering a wide range of support options, such as live chat, phone support, and email support. You can also offer a self-service knowledge base or FAQ section on your website.
7. Measure your success.
It's important to measure the performance of your B2B ecommerce portal so you can make improvements over time. You can do this by tracking a number of different metrics, such as website traffic, the conversion rate, and order value, to name a few.
You can also use surveys and customer feedback to get insight into how well your portal is meeting its objectives. By integrating measurements at key touchpoints, then making improvements, you can ensure your B2B ecommerce portal is successful in the long term.
These are just a few steps to consider when launching a B2B ecommerce portal for manufacturing. If you follow this roadmap, you'll be on your way to achieving your goals.
Why the manufacturing industry might not use ecommerce?
The manufacturing industry has been traditionally defined by its focus on producing physical goods. This means manufacturers have not always needed to engage in ecommerce, as they have been able to sell their products through brick-and-mortar channels.
There are a number of reasons why the manufacturing industry might not need a B2B ecommerce portal. First, many manufacturers already have an established presence on B2C ecommerce platforms such as Amazon. Secondly, B2B ecommerce can be complex and expensive to set up and maintain. Finally, manufacturing is still largely an offline business, so some manufacturers may not see the need to invest in online sales channels.
Ultimately, it’s up to each individual manufacturer to decide whether a B2B ecommerce portal is right for their business. There are many pros to launching an online sales channel, and manufacturers need to weigh these carefully before making a final decision.
However, the landscape is changing, and more manufacturers are embracing the benefits of a B2B ecommerce system. These portals can provide a number of advantages, such as increased customer reach, improved customer service, and streamlined sales processes. Virto Commerce offers one of the best B2B ecommerce platforms on the market to start an online portal or industrial marketplace for manufacturers. Why not install a demo and assess how it would work for your company?
Who are the best vendors of B2B ecommerce platforms for manufacturers?
Behind the ASP.NET-based B2B ecommerce portal from Virto Commerce, there are some common platforms for consideration:
- Magento: Magento is a popular ecommerce platform that offers a wide range of features and functionality. It's a good option for businesses that need a robust, scalable solution.
- Shopify Plus: Shopify is a cloud-based ecommerce platform that offers a comprehensive set of features. It's a good option for businesses that need an all-in-one solution.
- WooCommerce: WooCommerce is a WordPress plug-in that turns your WordPress website into an ecommerce store. It's a good option for small manufacturing businesses that want to launch a portal quickly and easily.
How to choose the right platform for ecommerce in manufacturing?
The cost of an ecommerce project is also an essential consideration. It's important to think about your budget before making a decision. Even though there are free and open-source platforms on the market, they may not be able to provide you with all of the features you require. Virto Commerce is an open-source solution, which means its license is free under certain conditions — for more information, please contact us.
The third thing to consider is the team's technical skill. It's critical to hire a vendor team like Virto Professional Services with the past experience of building B2B portals. This way, you can be confident that they'll deliver what you want and be able to assist you at any step to resolve difficulties.
Why manufacturers choose Virto Commerce?
If you have a mid-sized or enterprise-level manufacturing business, it's preferable to go with a more advanced, sophisticated, and feature-rich B2B solution like Virto Commerce. Why? Because Virto Commerce offers a complete toolset for building powerful online stores, including:
- Flexible, modular atomic-like architecture based on the Microsoft ASP.NET framework
- Digital catalog for your product
- AI services for product search and ecommerce analytics
- Support for multiple languages and currencies
- Advanced pricing system
- Sophisticated order management system
- Highly customizable checkout process
- Integration with your ERP, CRM, and other business systems
These are just some of the reasons manufacturers choose Virto Commerce. So if you’re a manufacturer looking for a powerful ecommerce platform to support your manufacturing business, then consider Virto Commerce.
To learn more about Virto Commerce and what we can do for your manufacturing business, schedule a demo with us today. We’d be happy to show you how our platform can take your business to the next level.