NopCommerce is a popular open source solution that allows its users to create a customizable shopping cart and a personalized front-end design of the product catalog. It also provides a convenient way to manage all the administrative work and to monitor sales correctly. This platform is well-suited for small and medium businesses, which was proven by 1.5 million downloads. It is an open source platform, so users with some coding experience can easily adjust it to any specific business needs and demands. Here are some of the benefits that make NopCommerce such a popular platform:
- Open source platform. Since this is an open source solution, you can easily add functionality to it using just your knowledge of programming.
- Responsive design. The platform allows users to optimize the design of their website onany given device, while retaining all the functions.
- Multichanneling. You can create and manage multiple stores with a single NopCommerce installation.
- Multi-Vendor and Drop Shipping Features. You can start selling products that are not in your inventory by connecting with other vendors and redirecting customers to them.
- SEO optimization. All the web stores built on this platform receive high visibility and rankings in all search engines, which makes it possible to easily promote your products.
Still, there is no perfect and universal Shopping Cart solution for your business. Even such a popular application as NopCommerce has its downsides, so it’s important to find the right platform for you! Therefore, let’s take a look at some of the alternatives to NopCommerce.
Before we start, however, we need to emphasize certain features you should pay attention to while choosing the best platform.
- Open source vs. closed source. This is a debate that has been going on for too long. Essentially, it comes down to one simple thing: if coding is a no-brainer, choose open source and customize the store in any way you desire. If coding is not your primary skill, choose a closed source platform where most things will be done by the platform. Here is another thing to consider - open source platforms are almost entirely free to any businesses, but they lack security. On the other hand, closed-source solutions can get pricey, but they deliver top-notch security protocols.
- Plugins and add-ons. Always look for a solution that can easily be expanded with plugins and add-ons. The platform should reveal the true potential of your store and add value to your products.
- Technological literacy. If you are going to hire a professional web-developer, you do not have to worry about choosing an open source solution. If not, opt for a sophisticated platform that allows you to build your website for a reasonable price, without breaking a sweat.