Catalog module contains components for Virto Commerce Manager and web API services for managing items and its categories. A catalog is commonly defined as a list of items or services that a company showcases online. Physically a common catalog is a collection of items grouped into categories. An item may appear in only one category and category in the catalog can have sub-categories. Categories allow building hierarchy and relationship between items in the catalog. This helps to make it easier for customers to navigate to the items they would like to purchase.
- Multiple catalogs
- Treelike organization of categories. Categories can contain sub-categories and items
- Item types: product, variation
- Properties with specific types for categories or items
- Inheritance of properties
- Virtual catalogs. This kind of catalogs aggregate multiple base catalogs into a single catalog
See more detailed description here